Happy couple

Happy couple

Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 36......

So it seems Mondays are our days lately. The good things happen on Mondays. Yesterday was a discouraging day. The doctors kept changing their minds and driving us all crazy. They said they were going to put Abby back on continuous dialysis. So they tried to put a catheter in her neck to start the dialysis. But it kept clotting so they weren't able to start the dialysis. So they decided to not do continuous and start her on the hemodialysis today. So that made my mom a little less upset. So at about 2:00 A.M. I get a text from my dad saying she had 350cc of urine. Now Abby has had urine the past week but this is the most she has had. So the prayers worked, we all feel that there was some Divine intervention with the catheter clotting. So she had the hemodialysis today and did well they were able to pull off 2 liters of fluid off of her. And she had more urine today as well. So her Kidney is working! It isn't 100% yet but it is trying. Abby has about 40lb of fluid on her that is excess right now so the dialysis will help pull that off. And that should help her kidney as well. Right now she has way too much fluid to get off on her own. So tonight we are thankful for urine. I know that sounds gross but it is not, to us it is the most wonderful thing right now. Abby had a pretty good night. My dad's cousin Jeff came and sang to her he is more like an uncle to us and has always been Uncle Jeff. But he sang a few songs to her and when she told me about it she cried and said she loved it. So thanks Uncle Jeff you really lifted her spirits tonight. So I asked Abby what she wanted everybody to know and here is what she said.... "Thank you for all the love and support and especially the prayers. I am sorry I haven't been able to respond to peoples texts and comments. But I love you all and I am getting better. See you soon." So that is from Abby she really feels the love.
So Wednesday is going to be a rough day for Abby, Caleb is getting married and she is sad about not being there. She told be it hurts really bad knowing she is missing it. So to all her close friends and family she might need some short visits through out the day. She still is in the ICU so she can't have more than 2 people in the room at a time. So if you could just stop by and cheer her up that would be great. Usually we aren't having a whole lot of visitors because it is hard in the ICU and Abby really isn't up for visiting a whole bunch because she gets tired. But on this day we will make an exception. Please email me at ls.jess@hotmail.com if you want to visit her for a few minutes and I will give you the details. And like I said she can't visit long because she gets warn out but a few minutes would mean the world to her.
Prayer works keep them coming!

1 comment:

  1. Here goes my third try on a comment. The first two did not post. As I read this new post, it is wonderful news. Human processes working normally are a wonder. This is so not gross. We pray for all of you as you are going through so much. I see the miracle for Abby every day. Yes, God has a hand in this. You are always in our prayers. The miracle continues.

    Your cousins in Colorado - love and prayers,

    Marilyn, Amjad, and Tamara

    ReplyDelete