Happy couple

Happy couple

Monday, November 1, 2010

Days 20 21 and 22

Sorry for the lack of posts since Saturday morning. Abby had a tough weekend and it was a little emotionally draining for all of us. My parents needed us up at the hospital a little more than usual more for moral support and to give them a little break.
So day 20 which was Saturday Abby had to have a tube put down her nose into her stomach just in case she couldn't tolerate feedings so it would suck up anything that started to come up. That made Abby very upset the tube is huge and hard and it hurt her. She cried the whole time they were doing it. Then she kind of checked out she zoned out and wasn't responsive and when she would wake up she would cry. This was very hard for my parents to watch. Abby is still very shaky she just shakes all the time it is very hard to watch.
Day 21 which was Sunday Abby wasn't very responsive most of the day she wouldn't wake up to pain or anything. This was a little worrisome for us but we decided that Abby didn't want to be awake so she wasn't. I could tell by my mom's voice on the phone that she was having a hard day. So we made sure to visit that night and I brought my kids up in their Halloween costumes. Courtney's kids were sick so she couldn't come. But Caleb came too and I could tell that my mom really needed her kids at that moment. Especially during shift change when they kick her out of Abby's room she really needs that distraction. So I am glad we could be there for her and I am glad we have such a close family that when someone needs us we are there. That is how we were raised and that is how we will continue to be. As siblings we are so close it is a bond that cannot be broken and we are all very close with my parents. Especially Caleb with my mom they are very close and right now my mom is using Caleb as her reason to look towards the future. Caleb was very sick 20 years ago and now he is ok. I can tell that it really helps my mom to have him around right now and I hope he knows how much that means to us all. And Abby knows he is there as well. We can't do much for her right now but we can be there.
Day 22 started out very rough in the early morning hours Abby was in a lot of pain and was screaming and saying things out of frustration. It was so hard for my dad to watch he could barely talk to me about it. I really hate when Abby is in pain and suffering. We all hate it, she really wanted my mom which puts a big burden on my mom. Once my mom got there my mom told her she loved her and Abby just kept saying "I love you, I love you." My mom told her that she would sleep there and Abby said " OK OK OK." We are all glad that she is starting to respond and talk but we hate that she is frustrated and uncomfortable. They finally gave her some pain meds and she seemed to rest a little better. She had a fever so they started antibiotics again and did a CT which we don't have the results for yet. They were also going to do a LP (spinal tap) some time tonight. We just want Abby to heal and be comfortable. Her kidney still isn't working and she isn't tolerating feedings very well. So we need those things to start working and we will be happy. So our prayer today is that Abby will be is less pain and less frustrated and that her kidney will work soon. Thanks for all the prayers for our Abby and keep them coming she needs those blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for updating us. We are still praying each day for Abby and for all of you. I am grateful that she has all of you and that you all have each other. Dana

    ReplyDelete