Happy couple

Happy couple

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 6 Post Transplant

So today has been okay they removed Abby's chest tube, it was put in to take out fluid and air from her chest cavity. Since they took that out Abby has been breathing a little better. She is still on the ventilator but it is just helping her a little, she is doing most of the breathing. She has been a little agitated but not as bad as yesterday. An aunt of ours suggested music to help calm her so she can be less aggitated and be on less sedation. My dad used his iphone and turned on pandora radio and selected uplifting music. As soon as my dad put it on her pillow she made what looked just like a smile and I am sure it was. Abby loves music she loves to dance and sing more than anyone I know. So it makes sense that Music would calm her down.
Speaking of music some of you probably noticed that I put music on the blog. I wanted to explain why I chose the songs I did. So the song "Just the way you are" has always reminded me of Abby. Abby is beautiful not just on the outside even though she is gorgeous. But on the inside too she has unconditional love for her family. She also loves children and special needs people and would do anything to help them. But I don't think she realizes how beautiful and special she is. So that song has always reminded me of Abby.
The song "I hope you dance" well like I said before she loves music and she loves to dance. So I thought that song was perfect because I know she will dance again and I can't wait for that day.
The song "Somewhere over the rainbow/what a wonderful world" I mostly chose this song for the wonderful world part of it. My dad likes this song well our whole family does and it has special meaning to us. But my dad thought it fit because Abby chose to stay in this world so it IS a wonderful world.
The song "I'm yours" well for one I have always liked this song but right now I think we all will give ourselves 100% to Abby's recovery. Especially my parents who have not left her side. They will be there and so will all of us siblings untill Abby is well and home.
The song "I'll stand by you" well as you can see we love Abby and we love eachother so much. We have always stood up for eachother and helped eachother ever since we were little. So Abby knows we will all stand by her and support her for the rest of her long life.
So for now we are pleased with Abby's progress her liver continues to get stronger and same with her breathing. We still need that kidney of hers to kick in and for her to get off of the ventilator. So we will continue to pray for that.
Today I am thankful for my family and I am especially thankful for the way we were all raised. We all have faith and a relationship with our Father in Heaven. We also have unconditional love for eachother. And we were taught to appreciate music and have a love for music and the power it has. So these things have made us survive during this trial.
So that is it for today, but I need to mention some "angels" some certain family members of ours. They went to my parents house cleaned up the house and the yard. Even washed windows and left a lot of food for them. They know who they are and so do I. But I want them to know how much that ment to my parents. More than you could even know. And for that we are all grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Abby Jean! I wanted to call you so bad today to tell you that I saw Steen on TV! It was during Music and the Spoken Word, and he was in a trio that sang The Spirit of God. It was amazing! What a voice! I picked up my phone and started to dail before I realized you probably wouldn't answer. I thought about you and your family all day. I remember this time last week, when I was waiting to hear how you were doing. I knew then that you would pull through, and I know now that you will as well. I am missing every second that I can't call my Abby Jean. I know that you probably won't be up for it right away, but I think a serious night out is in order after this is all over! I'll plan it, you just worry about getting better! I love ya girlie!

    ReplyDelete